Tooth-Colored Fillings – Conyers, GA
Treat Tooth Decay Seamlessly and Safely
Try as we might, most of us are bound to experience a cavity or two in our lifetime. In the past, the only way to repair cavities was with a shiny silver (amalgam) filling. Not only did these leave a noticeable metallic blob among your pearly whites, but it could damage your oral health over time as well. Dr. Anushka Amin can treat tooth decay seamlessly and safely with tooth-colored fillings in Conyers! Read on to learn more about this simple restoration and how it can help your smile look and feel its best for many years to come.
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Made Of?
We use a tooth-colored composite resin to replace decayed tissue left behind by cavities. This common material contains ultra-fine particles of dental ceramic, porcelain, and glass. Its unique makeup allows it to bond with natural tooth structure very well, which makes it easy to put in place and an excellent choice for sealing out bacteria. What’s more, it can be shaded to match the color of the rest of your teeth for seamlessly lifelike results.
How Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Placed?
Placing tooth-colored fillings in Conyers can typically be completed in a single easy appointment. First, Dr. Amin will numb the area before removing the decayed tissue and cleaning the tooth. Next, we’ll create a custom shade of composite resin that closely mimics the color of your natural enamel.
The resin is then applied directly onto your tooth to fill in the cleaned-out area. Once Dr. Amin has carefully sculpted it to look like a natural part of your tooth, we’ll use a special curing light to harden the resin and bond it in place. Finally, we’ll polish it, ensure your bite feels comfortable, and then you’ll be ready to enjoy your healthy, beautiful, and cavity-free smile!
What Are the Benefits of Choosing Tooth-Colored Fillings?
While they may seem relatively simple, tooth-colored fillings offer a variety of important benefits, such as:
- Lifelike appearance for a confidence boost: Your tooth-colored filling will be practically indistinguishable from the rest of your smile, so you can flash your silver-free smile confidently.
- Preservation of natural tooth structure: Since composite resin bonds better to enamel than silver fillings, far less (if any) healthy enamel needs to be removed to place a tooth-colored filling.
- Safe and reliable material: Tooth-colored fillings won’t expand or contract when exposed to hot or cold temperatures like silver fillings, making them a safer choice for your tooth in the long run.
- Minimizing dental sensitivity: Thanks to the tight seal composite resin can form with natural enamel, they are much more efficient at sealing out bacteria and preventing tooth sensitivity.
- Excellent option for sensitive smiles: Composite resin is 100% metal- and mercury-free, making them the ideal restoration for those with metal allergies or sensitivities.
Leaving cavities untreated can lead to painful infections and serious health problems, so don’t wait to have yours treated! If you have a cavity or are interested in replacing your silver fillings, call your Conyers dentist Dr. Anushka Amin today!