Porcelain Veneers – Conyers, GA
Get a Flawless Smile with Veneers
If you have a less than perfect smile, you don’t need to live with the teeth nature gave you. Besides genetics, poor oral hygiene or trauma can also cause several cosmetic concerns that make you feel insecure about your teeth. We can transform your teeth and your confidence with cosmetic dentistry in Conyers. Porcelain veneers are a simple but effective solution to achieve drastic results. Your new smile will look natural using a minimally invasive treatment.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are custom-made thin shells bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth. Now, they are thinner than those used in the past thanks to porcelain. This allows the treatment to be minimally invasive because less of your tooth’s structure is removed during the bonding process. Porcelain also closely mimics your enamel to create natural-looking results.
Bonding veneers to the surfaces of your teeth allows you to instantly hide several cosmetic imperfections. Overall, they improve the color, size, shape, and proportion of your teeth to get the smile of your dreams. Although veneers are thin, rest assured they can last for several years with the right aftercare to invest in your self-esteem.
What Can I Expect?
You first need a consultation with your dentist in Conyers to ensure veneers are right for you. If you’re a candidate, it will take 2 appointments to transform your smile. During your first visit, your teeth are cleaned, and a small amount of enamel is removed during the bonding process. This ensures they sit flush on your teeth.
We then take an impression of your mouth, which is needed to craft your veneers. The dental lab designs them to match your exact specifications. This can take a couple of weeks, so we attach temporary veneers in the meantime. In about 2 weeks, your final veneers are sent back to our office, so you can have them bonded to your teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Generally, if you have good oral health, you are a candidate for veneers. They are effective for correcting several cosmetic flaws, such as:
- Dark tooth discoloration that won’t respond to whitening treatments.
- Chipped, cracked, shorter than average, or abnormally shaped teeth.
- Close gaps or make your teeth appear straighter without braces.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
On average, veneers need to be replaced every 10 years, but it’s not uncommon for them to last longer with the right aftercare, such as:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a nonabrasive toothpaste to clean your teeth twice a day.
- Use a high-quality floss to clean in between each tooth nightly.
- Wear an athletic mouthguard if playing sports.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to open packages.
- Do not chew on inedible objects.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
If you have several flaws and imperfections in your teeth, porcelain veneers are an excellent solution to consider. They can transform your smile into one you can confidently show off! Before committing to treatment, you likely want to know much you can expect to pay for your transformation. Understanding the cost of cosmetic treatment can help you decide whether or not it’s the right solution for you. Luckily, our team is here to help. At your consultation, we’ll explain your options and help you choose one that best suits your needs.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Nowadays, there are many ways you can erase dental imperfections and achieve the perfect smile you’ve always wanted. Even though porcelain veneers are one of the best cosmetic treatments, it’s important to explore all your available options. Each service is unique, coming at a different cost and helping you accomplish different results. That said, here’s what you can expect from the following:
- Direct Bonding – Do you have minor flaws on one or more teeth? Dental bonding is a great option to consider. It’s minimally invasive, affordable, and can be completed in just one appointment. However, it’s worth noting that it’ll have to be redone every few years.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional whitening treatment is a trusted solution for yellow or discolored teeth. Although it’s relatively fast and inexpensive, it’s limited in its ability to improve your pearly whites.
- Porcelain Veneers – These ultra-thin shells of porcelain are known for being a more invasive cosmetic procedure, but they can address several imperfections at once. Even though the procedure is costly, your results can last a decade or longer with proper maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Porcelain veneers are considered a form of cosmetic dentistry, which is why they typically won’t be covered by dental insurance. Fortunately, we offer alternative financing options to help make your dental bills easier to manage. Here’s what’s available:
- In-House Membership Plan – For a low monthly rate, you can get preventive dental care and discounts on all other services at our practice instead of paying full price. You’ll get to enjoy the same perks as dental insurance without having to deal with the hassle that comes with it!
- CareCredit Financing – With this option, you can split up the total cost of your treatment into smaller, budget-friendly monthly installments. It helps make even the most expensive dental procedures affordable!
Are you ready to start the process of getting porcelain veneers in Conyers? Your first step is a consultation with our dental team. We’ll discuss your financing options and develop a treatment plan that fits your budget perfectly.
If you’re unhappy with the way your teeth look, veneers in Conyers can give you the flawless smile you desire. Before you’re ready to commit to the procedure, we know you have a few concerns. Here are the answers to a few of the top questions our patients ask us about veneers to feel confident about the road ahead.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers aren’t considered permanent because they need to be replaced about every 10 years. While they won’t last forever, the procedure is not reversible because your dentist will need to alter your teeth. A small amount of enamel must be removed to ensure the veneers sit flush for a secure bond with your tooth. Unfortunately, your enamel will not grow back, leaving your teeth vulnerable. For this reason, they will be covered after they’ve been prepared to protect them while you wait for your final veneers to be bonded in place.
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Don’t worry, you won’t need to skip your morning cup of coffee if you choose veneers made of porcelain. The material is nonporous, which means it is stain-resistant, so darkly pigmented foods and drinks won’t cause discoloration. While the veneer is not likely to stain, your underlying teeth can still suffer the effects of drinking too much coffee. It’s best to limit your consumption of any dark or acidic foods and drinks, like wine, tea, and berries.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
A veneer can be applied to a single tooth; however, if you intend to improve all your visible teeth, your cosmetic dentist in Conyers will recommend more than one. Most people require 6, 8, 10, or 12 veneers to create a symmetrical smile, but you can use a single veneer to treat a cracked or chipped tooth. We’ll perform a thorough consultation and learn more about the results you want to achieve to create a customized treatment plan. Dr. Amin will explain how many veneers it will take to reach your goals.
Do Veneers Feel Like Real Teeth?
Modern veneers are thinner than ever to provide a comfortable fit. Many patients report their veneers to feel completely natural. In fact, they don’t even notice them when eating or talking. Your veneers are designed to fit your teeth perfectly using digital impressions that are taken after your enamel is removed. By etching the surface of your teeth, the restorations won’t protrude, so there won’t be any discomfort. Your veneers will feel smooth to prevent any irritation to the soft tissues in your mouth.
Can You Whiten Veneers?
If you’ve noticed your veneers aren’t as bright as they were, whitening procedures won’t be the answer to your problem. Instead, we recommend replacing or shading them to achieve the results you want. In some cases, your teeth under the veneers can change color, making your smile look discolored. If you plan to have your veneers replaced, it’s best to have a whitening treatment at the same time to ensure consistent results.
Get a Beautiful Smile Today!
You don’t need to hide behind an imperfect smile. We can help you achieve your cosmetic goals with porcelain veneers. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.