All-on-4 Implant Dentures – Conyers, GA
Fast, Effective Full Smile Replacement
Replacing a full row of missing teeth used to mean relying on a traditional denture. These tooth replacement prosthetics offer improved appearance as well as restoring a percentage of your natural chewing ability. Then, there are traditional implant supported dentures that required the placement of several dental implant posts across the entire jaw line, which could require invasive preparatory tissue grafting procedures. All-on-4 implant dentures allow us to offer patients the stability and longevity of an implant denture without the need for advanced bone or soft tissue grafts. If you’re ready to find out more about your tooth replacement options, it’s time to contact Conyers implant dentist, Daniel A. Hodges, DMD, to schedule your tooth consultation appointment. Dr. Hodges will carefully examine your smile, discuss your treatment options, and help you to find the right tooth replacement solution to deliver a healthy, flawless smile you can feel proud to show off.
What is All-on-4?
All-on-4 is a unique dental implant denture method. Traditional dentures require the placement of several dental implants across the line of the jaw. All-on-4 dentures utilize the naturally denser parts of the jaw in the front of the mouth. This means that two implants are placed vertically into the front of the jaw as usual. Then, two implant posts are positioned diagonally from the back of the mouth to implant into the front of the jaw. This provides long-lasting, natural-feeling support for the entire denture without the need for more invasive bone or soft tissue grafting.
Am I a Candidate?
One important thing about All-on-4 implant dentures is that they allow us to offer implant dentures to a greater number of people because it’s typically unnecessary for Al-on-4 patients to receive invasive preparatory treatments like tissue grafting. The ideal candidate for All-on-4 implant dentures will meet the following characteristics:
- Relatively good oral and overall health
- No past bad experiences with surgical procedures
- Commitment to complete the complex treatment plan
What are the Benefits of All-on-4?
There are numerous benefits to All-on-4 implant dentures, including:
- Stability – by far the best feature of an All-on-4 denture is the restoration of 70% or more or your natural chewing ability. Compared with traditional dentures that can only offer 20% restoration at most, this is a dramatic improvement that allows you to consume a much more varied diet and speak and smile with confidence.
- Longevity – once in place, your All-on-4 implant denture can last 20 years or longer with proper care. That means your investment delivers a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
- Natural appearance – your self-supporting All-on-4 denture will look and function as close to nature as possible.
- Minimal hassle – for the most part, All-on-4 dentures allow you to resume your daily life, eating all of your favorite foods, and brushing your teeth as usual.
- Saved money – because you will not likely need tissue grafting and you’ll only need four dental implants, you will likely save some money compared with traditional dental implant supported dentures.